Saturday, May 1, 2010

Why Weight Watchers?

The secret to losing weight is not all that complex. Eat less, move more. It’s not rocket science. And yet, very few people are able to do it. My theory is that food tastes too good and the couch feels too good. So, we need help. So we join Jenny Craig, Nutrasystem, Weight Watchers.

So, why Weight Watchers? Well, there’s a couple reasons. I really like the meeting aspect of it. You go to the meeting each week, you weigh in, you get rewarded if you do well. You get to hear what’s working for everyone else, and you get to hear if something isn’t working, and hear suggestions for how to do better. And then you get a lesson on the life change we’re all making.

I like the structure that the system provides. I need someone to tell me exactly what to do, and exactly when to do it. But at the same time, I like the flexibility of the program. If I want to eat a cheeseburger, I can.

But the main reason I chose Weight Watchers was because I’ve had friends lose with it. If they can do it, I can do it.

And if I can’t do it, I’ll pray every night for my friends to become fat.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! WW is a great system because it allows you to eat the foods you love, just in smaller portions so you're learning instead of dieting.

    I'll be following along and will try to offer support where I can.

    Thanks for stopping by my space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had years of back and forthing to Weight Watchers and when you stick to it, it really DOES work.

    I'm now with Slimming World because there isn't so much counting, I always found when I got quite a bit of weight off on WW I slid back to my old ways where with SW I'm to stuffed to think of slipping ;) Definitely about finding the right plan that suits us and by the sound of it you have and so have I :D

    Good luck, you'll do brilliantly, I can tell from your posting you are in the right frame of mind. You'll always find lots of support here in Blogland too as well as with your meetings :) We can do it! Thank you for your lovely post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Moooooo...