Friday, April 30, 2010

Day One

I was putting my daughter into the car this morning, and she said, "Ooh! Mommy! Your booty butt is SO BIG!"

Ah, 4-year-olds.

I told her it wasn't nice to say such things, but hey, the truth hurts! I decided I better get off my butt and do something about it.

First, a bit about me. My name is Grace, I live in California with my husband, my 4 year old daughter, and my 10 month old son. I am 36 years old, I'm 5'10", and as of today, I weigh 229.4 pounds. This blog will chronicle my journey as I attempt to lose 50 pounds through the Weight Watchers Diet Plan. My goal is to journal my food, log in my exercise, talk about my successes and failures, and hopefully lose a crapload of weight!

I happened to have the day off work today, so I as soon as I dropped my daughter at preschool, I went to the weight watchers office and signed myself up. Everyone was so nice-- those skinny bitches. It went pretty much like how I would picture an AA meeting to go: the leader praised people who had successes, people who were struggling talked about what was bothering them, and then there was a lesson before the leader sent everyone away. This week's lesson was about forming good habits, and how your life has changed since developing those habits. It was kinda hokey, but I liked the motivation and inspiration that everyone was projecting.

With Weight Watchers, you don't really count calories, you count points. Based on my weight and height and age and activity level, I am allowed 29 points a day. And it's pretty easy to figure out points for each foor: there's this little slide rule converter thingie, and you put in the calories and the amount of the fat and the fiber, and you get a points value.

I spent the rest of the day going grocery shopping for snacks and lunches to take to work for the next several days, and then broke everything down into single servings. I need to remember to get more snack zip lock bags the next time I go to the store: 16 Wheat Thins in a quart bag look really depressing!


Join me in the journey, won't you?




1 comment:

  1. I will join you. Keep an eye on my blog later this week too....I am organising a weight loss/diet blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Moooooo...