Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 22-- It's getting hard

I've been doing this for three weeks now.

For three weeks, I've been watching what I've ate. No cheese or mayo on my sandwiches, no ranch on my salads, no chocolate at all. Measuring, calculating, counting to the point of obsession.

And it's working. In only three weeks, I've already lost 16 pounds. I haven't even started exercising yet, that's all diet change. I hate exercising, I'll do it when I stop losing each week.

But I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. I need a cheeseburger in the worse way. There was a potluck at my work today and kept all the food at an empty desk, which happens to be only 5 feet away from where I sit. It was all I could do not to grab a brownie. Or twenty.

My husband and daughter are away for the weekend. My son is fast asleep.

There is a bag of m&m's in the kitchen, calling my name.

I need to go to bed before I devour them.

5 comments:

  1. When you are at this point, you need to slow down and revisit all the reasons you started to diet in the first place. Visualise how you want to be. The sastisfaction of NOT giving in is better than the "satisfaction" of scoffing. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And far out, 16lb in 3 weeks is BLOODY AMAZING! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo 16 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome! Well done you! :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an achievement, you've done an amazing thing. I saw an motto somewhere "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" I don't totally agree with that and would maybe change it to "nothing tatses as good as FIT feels" or... "nothing tastes as good as FINALLY getting into those jeans will feel" :P

    I had a slip up this week and put 2lb on. Talk about a kick up the bum to stay on track. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Moooooo...