Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 18 Those dream squashers

This week’s WW was about how to deal with the negative people in your life. You know who I’m talking about. Those people who make the little snide comments. Your mother in law. The girl you sit next to at work. Your best friend.

My husband.

I’m sure that these people don’t MEAN to be rude. Take Hubby, for example.

Him: “So, on this system, can you eat pizza?”

Me: “Sure. I just have to be smart about it. Like we can get a Veggie De-Lite from Papa Murphy’s, and each slice is worth 4 points, so I could probably have two pieces, and then a side salad.”

Him: “But who dictates how big a slice is?”

Me: “I already looked up the nutrition value on the website. One slice is a tenth of the pizza.”

Him: (laughing) “You can’t cut a pizza into 10 slices!”

Grrr. First of all, what, are you retarded? Of course you can cut a circle into 10 equal slices! 5 cuts across the diameter Dear, it’s not that difficult. But, even it was something harder to figure out, like 9 slices or 11 slices, who are you to laugh? It’s not my fault a serving is 1/10 of a pizza. You need to voice your grievances to Mr. Murphy if you have a problem. Or his papa.

I silently stewed and wished I was eating peanut butter m&m’s. But what I SHOULD have said was, “Honey, I’m doing this because I want to feel good about myself, and I want to like my reflection when I look in the mirror. I wish you would respect that and support me.”

Sheesh. You would think that Hubby would want to have sex with the lights on again someday, and that’s going to happen for at least another 20 pounds!



________________________________________________

Oh, and here's what I ate today:

8 am - yogurt
bran
coffee with cream and sugar.

12 pm- 3 oz chicken
1 piece of cheese
1 hard boiled egg
1 serving reduced cal wheat thins

6 pm
1 serving (10 fluid ounces) corn chowder soup (it wasn't very good. I didn't finish it)
1 slice garlic bread

Total for today: 26 points

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moooooo...